4/25/2013

Variance

Meanwhile, I have been running up against it. It is Thursday and I have been in Durant, OK since last Thursday. I am 0-11 in MTTs and I am down $103 at cash. Sounds like a great trip so far, ay? Lol, luckily for me I understand variance and poker and I am not sweating it. I have built decent stacks in several MTTs but was unable to capitalize and get to the end. There is still 2 MTTs left for me a $350 50k tomorrow and then a $1100 300k on Saturday. It only takes one, and I plan on doing what I can to play my best.

On the cash front I have only played 4 sessions. I won a nickel the first day I played at 2/5, then lost half a buy-in at 1/2 in 10 min the next day and got invited to dinner so hopped, and then I didn't play for a couple days. My next session was 2/5 and I lost 1k my first hand with AA verse KJ, good times. I did grind my way back to $100 winner than night though. And my last session I lost AK
Poker has streaks, sometimes we run good and sometimes bad, its all about understanding it and handling it better than the other grinders. The last couple days I just went to the room and relaxed after busting the MTT. Sometimes not pushing it is good, sometimes pushing it and grinding is the way to go. You will find me doing both. Tonight I am going to go grind cash and try to play my best, that is truly all I can do. I am ready to book a winner, LEGGO!

If you are interested in taking poker lessons or would like any information visit http://variance101.com/# or email me at variance101@gmail.com. #TeamVariance101


No comments:

Post a Comment