10/09/2012

#Igrind

Today I slept in and watched some Monday Night Football choosing to continue to relax another day. I feel as if I haven't been playing much online but truly my reasoning is fairly simple, I cashed out a chunk of my BR and went on a small downswing with what was left. I have a little left online but am in the process of trying to get a backer and try that route so I have been getting rested and refreshed so I can hit the ground running when the backing deal works out. After Maximus 2 was over it seemed that the online traffic was a bit withered so I took some money off and decided I would start adding a little bit of live play back into my schedule. The live play is going okay as I am up about a buy-in after four sessions, but I am truly ready to get back to online.

When I started playing online again in May I started with a $200 deposit and have been playing on that since. I have sold some funds and traded some but have been grinding all from the $200. I also have been playing solely online and have had all my focus on playing, coaching, improving, and writing. The last five months have been incredibly beneficial and I am so happy I started playing online again. After Black Friday I played all live for 13 months and my game leveled out some. I was still getting better and was improving at getting live reads but I needed more work on my game and coming back to online has helped me realize that.

As soon as I started back playing I found myself talking over a hand in a poker chat and was so drawn in with the back and forth between me and a couple solid grinders. It was exactly what I needed. There are several decent players where I live but I don't think many have the same drive to improve as I do so when I was playing live only, I wasn't talking enough poker or working on my game near enough. Since coming back to online I have been talking a ton of poker between two poker chats, the forum on P5s, and giving lessons. In my opinion one of the most important tools in improving at poker is talking poker with other players. Just don't let it be at the table while you're playing.

I had a chat/interview with one of the guys in charge of the backing deal today and it was interesting answering some of the questions. I was just honest and I think that is all we can do. I didn't try to sell myself I was just real. I have never been staked to play online, all my play has always been on my own but I am eager to give this a try as it will also come with coaching from one of the top online players in the world and I am all about improving.

If for any reason the deal doesn't work I will start rebuilding my BR off of what I have left online and grind on. I am also going to try and add a little bit of balance to my life and spend a little more time with friends and continue to try and go play live ever so often. I have also been slacking some on my writing but as you may be able to see I am ready to pick that up some too.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

In poker and in life, you get back out of it what you put in!

If you are interested in taking poker lessons or would like any information, contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/# and http://variance101.blogspot.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment