10/04/2012

Forever and always

Wednesday I cashed in 2 out of 10 MTTs and 0 out of 2 satellites. I was able to make one final table but went out early finishing in 7th place. I have been taking some time off and enjoyed my short session. I feel I played pretty well and was happy with my motivation, focus,  and emotional control.

I have been adding in a little live play after playing only online since May. The live play has been going pretty well and I feel very comfortable there. After black friday I spent thirteen months away from online poker and truly it wasn't the best time. In 2010 I finally realized I needed to take the steps to improve and did exactly that up until black friday. After black friday I played live and traveled around playing live series but my game stayed about the same. Online I was around several great players talking poker and on training sites always trying to improve but when I played live I didn't have the same resources of good players to talk to and my game suffered. At the time I didn't notice it as I was happy and confident after my recent improvements and was doing rather well.

It wasn't until I got back to playing online and working on my game again when I noticed I had a lot more work to do. Luckily being around several great players in a chat group, training sites, and hours of work I have managed to get back to improving my game and I feel a lot better about where I am and am still trying to improve daily. Poker is forever evolving and the only way to keep up is to constantly work on our game and try to improve.

I am taking today off online and am thinking about going to play a live session. This weekend I think I am going to a live series Main so wish me luck. Good luck to all the grinders, keep working on your game and reach your goals.

If you are interested in taking poker lessons or would like any information, contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/# and http://variance101.blogspot.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment